In this video, owner and manager Doug MacPherson explains the rich history behind Montana Leather Company, a supply store that began in 1908 and is still going strong today as a retailer and wholesaler for leather, crafts, shoe findings, and saddlery supplies.
In this video, Ross Brunk, an award-winning saddle maker from Billings, MT, shows us how he carves a Sheridan style flower into Hermann Oak leather. Using various tools from Barry King, all of which can be purchased at Montana Leather, Ross shares some of his incredible knowledge of the craft.
The items in this video include:
- Hermann Oak veg tan leather (8 ounces or thicker)
- Barry King swivel knife (0:43)
- Barry King maul (0:43)
- Barry King lifter (undershot) (2:04)
- Barry King horizontal thumbprint (2:39)
- Barry King checkered beveler (3:51)
- Barry King flower center (4:23)
- Barry King center shader (4:50)
- Barry King center pod (5:10)
- Barry King stop (5:10)